Python/Django Developer (Telecommute)
PixBuffer Software is looking for a Python developer with experience with web application development and the Django framework.
This is a full-time contract position. We are looking for developers who will be working from home and ideally to work with us on a long-term basis. You will be working remotely and we accept applications from candidates anywhere in the world.
We use GitHub to manage tasks and code reviews. Trac or Basecamp are used sometimes for general project management, depending on the project.
- You will be primarily involved in two different projects: an international Real Estate Portal that is quickly gaining popularity all over the world; an eBook store with a large inventory, basically a Django app that serves several stores within the same application (+ Solr, Redis and a bunch of interesting technologies). More details about the projects will be provided to selected candidates during the interview process.
- We take quality seriously and you should expect to be involved in well written code bases following standards such as PEP-8 and good software engineering practices.
- Strong hands on experience with Python, experience with Django is important, but we might still be willing to consider candidates with strong Python skills and none or little knowledge with Django.
- Track record of delivering completed projects, preferably web-based
- Good SQL knowledge and databases, PostgreSQL is a plus
- You should be very familiar with Linux (we use Ubuntu) and working directly on a server through SSH when required
- Experience using version control software, Git is a plus
- Understanding of code best practices and standards. We also expect that you follow PEP-8 style guide and use tools like Pyflakes and Pylint very often
- Easy-going personality. You will actively participate in design discussions and code review
Please send your application with the following additional information:
- Your expected hourly rate
- Any important details about your availability that we should be aware of. Note that this is a full-time position (8 hours per day / 40 hours per week). We are usually flexible on the number of hours in the beginning, depending on the candidate.
- Samples of Python code that you have written and are really proud of [OR] any links to accounts such as github, google code, bitbucket or stackoverflow would be great too.
- A list of some projects that you have previously been involved in and that are currently online
Selected candidates will be contacted for a technical phone interview + coding interview.
Applicants that pass the interview stage will be required to work a 5 day (paid) trial period to demonstrate their skills and experience on a typical working day.
We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply, but only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
No recruiters, and no software companies please. No phone calls about this opportunity please.
Please apply to: email@example.com.